Sunday, November 12, 2006

Drug supplier

I am not a saint, I don't intend to be. So in being myself there's things I say or do that aren't very conventional, at times they are unacceptable. One of these, is my open and wholehearted support to smoking marijuana or hashish as compared to drinking alcohol. and even if I am not invited as the speaker I do barge into such conversations and freely voice my opinions. So much so, that many a sober friend and acquaintance has often spent the rest of the meeting with a fake smile. They love me and accept my existence but are sober and nice people who either don't see the difference, don't indulge in either or prefer alcohol, and may at times consider both harmful , but for some odd reason the utterance of cannabis implies drugs, and the law and the holy books prohibit such indulgence.
So I accept that I am to an extent a criminal and may be required to engage in moral coaching or psychological therapy to treat my diseased existence. Now the only truth I see in my support is reasoning. Again since I am not a saint, I have been drunk and stoned. Do I swear by either, no. Why detest alcohol. Well, for one thing I like wine. All other liquor, makes me socially accepted for a while,if the party's longer, I get louder, then crazy, then embarrassing, I dance and sing and even talk to most people, including individuals seated twenty meters away. Then of course , have sober friends trying to cover for me and smuggle me out. But I insist the party's only just started and propose to dance on the bar, then by myself and then even start drinking multiple alcohol types and singing in praise of alcoholic. Well quite apparently I am drunk. I always say am blessed as have friends of both sexes that I trust and in time of my downfall, that includes vomiting and total passing out, they apologise to those around, pay for cleaning charges, carry me home, get clean water to wash my face, put my dirty face on their laps and pushed my hair away from my face saying I would be just fine and we're soon reaching home, put a bucket beside my head, changed my soiled clothes and washed me an tucked me in bed. Now this is the best case scenario, cause my friends are with me. On another occasion I could be totally on my own or with equally crazy acquaintances or confused souls or those that are as drunk as me. Result. hmmmmm. So now You not only have to deal with being drunk and embarrassing tales but also having found yourself in anothers apartment or yours, with someone you may have never been in bed with had you been sober. this doesn't imply that you have had sex, because both could be too drunk, but nevertheless it's awkward. Of course sex is the other possibility. This said and done, you having reached home in itself is nothing sort of testing your karma to capacity. how drunk people drive home I have no clue. Th other obvious behaviour is to act like a superhero and argue and fight with absolutely brilliant and sober individuals who are probably around just to hear good music. And the cheery on the desert is obviously to watch two drunks, converse, then fight, repeat the same conversation ten times over, fight and make up, slur and still make out what the others saying.

As for being stoned, it may make you vulnerable, but at-least you don't go through the above experiences. You are of course at the risk of imagining prettier clouds and better worlds. The best part is that, it never makes you pick a fight with a fellow smoker. Its more about true companionship and often you smoke in groups you are introduced into by friends, Things don't really go wrong, unless you are unknowingly smoking shoe polish instead of hashish.

So getting back to where I started, this support led me to being called a drug supplier apparently because I am misleading those around me, especially those who may be inspired to live a greener life. So I have come to believe hat drug suppliers are of two kinds, those that can supply narcotics in exchange of a fee and those that can fuel your imagination if you spare some time. Of course the latter is fewer in number and as of now I may be the only existing mental drug supplier. So in keeping with the true nature of my title, I shall supply the greener lands all my support

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

self proclaimed mental drug supplier as usual

elders have advised that you can have snake and scorpions as pets but not a twisted image on oneself as it is the most destructive.

Anonymous said...

"Don't drink & drive....Smoke weed & fly!!"
Yes, smokin' weed makes one socially unacceptable. But only to those[with gr8 respects] who prefer drinking or to those who don't indulge in ny o' these. That doesn't mean that smokin' weed has benefits! But, as a smoker myself, weed gives me a high that I prefer to alcohol. Yes. It allows me to think. It allows me to cultivate Elysian fields which I can't when I'm normal.
As for liquor, it gives me a low & drives me totally out o' control o' myself. An' most o' my frnds met wid serious road accidents being drunk. Me & my frnds would bully at pubs & be heavily fined an' even be thrashed! while returnin' to hostel some would go missin'. An' the most NORMAL amongst us would try 2 find 'em an' go missin' homself! There r many such unhappy incidents!
So for me, I'd prefer 2 b a drug supplier instead o' bein' an alcoholic!

Unknown said...

lol.......nobs u crazy babe...this was funny!!!!:-)